Thursday, September 26, 2013

Addition and Subtraction

The class started with Dr Yeap reviewing the previous session; talking about whole numbers and going through the different theories. And I am reminded about giving children variation and not repetition!

Then, the problems arises.

We did Problem 9,10,11 and 12.

Problem 9 and 10 involves addition and here, I would like to share about Problem 9.

Dr Yeap got us to write the digits '0' to '9' on  a piece of paper. The problem was to use the digits (digits are not to be repeated) to make a sum. For example, 32 + 54 = 86.
Note that not one digit was repeated.

I had tons of fun making different sums and I shared the addition that I had with Liyana. We challenged ourselves to create different sums and to count how many possible ways to make a certain number.  We then realised that the greatest possible number that we can get is 98 and the smallest possible number is 39. It was such a fun experience for me and I really, really, really want to implement this activity with the K2 children when I had the chance. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment